Preliminary Exercise Learner Response

 1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

WWW: Post production: visual effects, edits. Good non-diegetic sound design, good camera framing. Good dialogue. Enigma codes. Withholding information, good performance. Colour grading: depraved? Good performance. Good narrative conventions. Low-key lighting.

EBI: Dialogue low, audio mix, re-record.


2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your work.

WWW: There was a good use of post production and non-diegetic sound that helped set the tone for the scene. The dialogue and low-key lighting helped create enigma codes for audience. It followed the narrative conventions.

EBI: The dialogue was a bit too low and the video may have been perceived as blurry.

3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?

I think I able to effectively complete the objective I set out in the statement of intent as I was able to properly show the narrative and show the traditional conventions of a crime drama which is what I set out to do.

4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?

That I must watch out for audio and visual quality so that the dialogue can be heard clearly and the audience is able to properly make out what may be happening in the scene unless my intention was to hide it.

5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything about your actual coursework video plan? This could include your concept, cast/actors and narrative or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork or editing.

I don't plan on changing anything except the audio mix and I plan to use this scene to start off my crime drama extract. Although this exercise has left me much to be desired on where I will film my next scene to make it look authentic.

Comments